Today I Made... a Scissor Sheath!

Last year I made a thread snipper case and meant to also make some sheaths for our scissors but never got around to it. This past week I finally tried out a couple of sheath designs. I wanted something that was minimal, but could also hold a couple of needles.

scissor sheaths

The flat sheath on the right is based on a concept I've seen here and there, to which I added a couple of needle holes. It's ok, but not as minimal as I'd like. The other design is vegtan molded to the shape of the scissors. For the final version I included a place for the needles and gave it a nice burnished edge.

DSC02120 copy.jpeg

A few more images of the process:

Forming the vegtan to the scissors.

Forming the vegtan to the scissors.

Letting the glue dry.

Letting the glue dry.

Hand stitching with Tiger thread. About to trim the excess and do the edging, burnishing and conditioning.

Hand stitching with Tiger thread. About to trim the excess and do the edging, burnishing and conditioning.

And another look at the finished scissor sheath!

And another look at the finished scissor sheath!